Breakfast is one of my favorite meals! There’s nothing better than having something sweet to go along with something savory. I love the flavors of banana and chocolate when combined. So comforting for some reason. These little muffins will be a favorite for sure and their lightened up so you don’t feel guilty when you sink your teeth into all that yumminess.
I used gluten-free flour and replaced butter and sugar with over-ripened bananas, greek yogurt, and honey. The almond milk combined with the greek yogurt makes these muffins so moist and delicious. The vanilla and chocolate chips gives the muffins so much depth of flavor and makes them so comforting to the taste.
Speaking of greek yogurt, did you know that it has many nutritional benefits?
- an average serving (depending on the brand) can have between 12-17 grams of protein
- packed with probiotics, this helps to decrease stomach issues
- high in calcium; a serving contains up to 18 percent of your daily value of calcium
- a great alternative to get your B-12; average serving contains 21% of your daily value
- is a great source/treat to help lose weight
Be sure to give these a try and add them to your Sunday morning breakfast or brunch! Do you think you can stop at only one muffin?
- 1½ cups gluten free flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 ripened bananas
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 egg
- ½ cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
- ⅓ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray 12 cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt
- In a blender, add bananas, honey, vanilla, oil, egg, milk, and yogurt.
- Blend on high until well combined and smooth
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Gently fold the chocolate chips.
- Divide batter evenly into muffin tin and bake for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool muffins for 5 minutes.
- Muffins are best served warm.