I am in love with my crockpot! It’s this working mom’s time-saving tool in the kitchen. Whoever invented this kitchen tool rocked it in my eyes! To be able to prepare your food in the morning, set the time, and when you come home in the evening your meal is practically complete and ready to go. Yep, I love it. Can you tell? Here’s a list of 5 other favorite tools of mine in the kitchen…http://www.cleanfoodmom.com/6-favorite-tools-kitchen/
Here’s one of my faves to make in my crockpot: a beef roast. What a wonderful fall dish and so comforting. When slow cooked, the meat literally pulls apart with a fork and is so tender and juicy. Just delicious! My biggest suggestion is to heavily season your dish when preparing it. You want those flavors to combine together for a robust flavor and you want that smell to smack you in the face when you open your door.
You can definitely prepare a roast many different ways but this time, I thought I would keep it simple.
- I sliced a couple of onions and placed it on the bottom of the crockpot
- Cut slits in the pot roast/chuck and inserted whole garlic into the roast (about 5-6 cloves)
- Topped the onions with the roast
- Layered stems of fresh rosemary around the roast
- Poured low salt/no salt added beef stock until it just reached about a 1/2 inch to the top of the roast (don’t cover completely)
- Salt and peppered roast, veggies, and rosemary heavily
- Set the time to low and slow cook for about 7-8 hours
Oh, my goodness! It’s a pot full of yumminess! I just serve the roast sliced or pulled with a side of rice and steamed broccoli. Such a simple dish and full of flavor. Hope you enjoy this easy and almost “hands-off” meal thanks to my favorite tool, the crockpot!
- 3-4 lbs pot roast or chuck roast
- 5-6 cloves of garlic
- 2 sweet onions sliced
- 1 bunch of fresh rosemary
- ½ cup low sodium beef stock
- salt and pepper
- Place sliced onions on bottom of crockpot
- Cut slits in roast and insert garlic cloves into slits
- Add bunches of rosemary around roast
- Pour beef stock until it reaches ½ inch of roast (do not cover roast with stock)
- Heavily salt and pepper entire dish
- Cover and slow cook on low for 7-8 hours